ROCKFORD — Due to recent revisions to Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s stay-at-home order, Forest Preserves of Winnebago County's golf courses are scheduled to open May 1.
This includes all three FPWC courses, including Atwood Homestead, The Ledges and Macktown. While clubhouses and golf shops will remain closed to the public, all three golf shops are staffed to assist with starting times over the phone.
Golfers are asked to bring alcohol-based hand sanitizer and face coverings.
General rules and procedures include:
– All playing arrangements must be made in advance over the phone.
– Players may arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled starting time.
– All play will be from first tee only and players will be paired in twosomes.
– The clubhouse will remain closed.
– No golf carts may be used on-course (either owned by a golf club or privately owned). Individuals with a physical disability or physical limitation that prevent them from walking the course may rent a cart from the facility.
– Only privately-owned pull/push carts will be allowed.
– All practice areas are closed. This includes the driving range, chipping areas and putting greens.
– Players may not touch or remove the pin at any time.
– Shaking of hands is prohibited.
For a complete list of the updated guidelines, restrictions and newly adopted protocols: playthepreserves.com.